Wednesday, October 5, 2016

One Woman's Advert Is Another Woman's Inadvertent Future Fun Envelope

   

Its beginning to feel a lot like two months before Christmas! I'm making my lists, checking them twice. Then lo! And behold! What a nice surprise! Someone thought of me. I do like James Avery's clever-cleverness. Tis true that the best envelopes have gifts inside! Hint. Hint? You don't have to tell me twice!


Double the pleasure. Double the fun with another clever tease 'neath the interesting flap. The very best envelopes have gifts and love notes. For real! My eye and ears are tuned in to the tinkling silver tones of the Christmas bell. What's a charm bracelet without tinkly sounds? 


While I enjoy giving I still manage to get a kick out of buying an occasional gift just for me. It has to be something no one else will think of, or it has to be something I've waited for long enough to justify the act of self-giving. Knowing someone else thinks you're worth giving to, well, it makes you smile. Pretty on the outside often signals something pretty is going on inside. And the more I give the more I receive, and the prettier I act. All my smiles and hellos, my how-are-you, let-me -treat-this-time, and all the thinking of you moments come back ten-fold. One of my favorite booksellers asked why she hadn't seen me in awhile. Instead of lying I told her the truth. She said she'd missed me. Being missed is nice. It's a special, sweet, touching, make-me-cry gift all on its own. Perhaps James Avery misses me too. It's been awhile. 


I'm pretty sure I won't be sharing my choice after a # but I might show it off here. I do like a new tinkle on my wrist. 

. . . to be continued.





No comments:

Post a Comment