Friday, August 12, 2016

Oh My Goodness & a Red Semi-Colon!


Don't you just like the back of an envelope? They're a lot like a human back. Each one is unique, enjoys a rub (with an eraser), wants to be admired, and loves going places. Backs always follow fronts though. Do you think they mind? When you get an envelope in the mail do you flip it after noting who it's from? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It all depends.  

JC checked out this envelope's front after I made him look at let him see the back. He asked me, "Did you do all the drawings?" I didn't know what to think. So I said nothing. I'm glad I remember to take photos of the mail I send, otherwise I'd wonder too often: When's the last time I wrote to __________? Is there a pattern to my envelope art? Has my style changed? Improved? JC asks different questions of me. This time he asked if the semi-colon's story was inside the envelope. I think I lied and said yes. Or did I? Tonight I Googled "red semi-colon"because Shel Silverstein came to mind. He was loud. Did he have one first? Or was the thought my own? If periods are red, why not a semi-colon? Google it and be surprised. Now dress up your own back! And grin. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment